Salary/Rate: £29-31K/annum – full time (or pro rata thereof)
Employment Type: Full time Monday-Friday (or Flexible to suit a return to work parent)
Location: Bromley South, Kent / Remote
Our young dynamic software development and consultancy organisation based in Bromley, South East London, has a 15+ year stable, profitable background and is expanding again. Some of the largest law firms around the world are our clients, and more are knocking at our door because of a completely new range of software applications in our suite. We need to increase our presence in the professional services sector, whilst also looking to expand into other related industry sectors. Therefore, we need a keen employee to help focus our development efforts to match our clients needs.
You will need to be outgoing, confident with strong networking skills and very well organised. You must have a “can-do” positive approach. An excellent command of English; strong communication and interpersonal skills, with pleasant telephone manner, are all essential for this role.
The industry is staffed by clever people and it’s a dynamic, competitive environment. You must deliver on your promises to help our small young team to cope with new business and client demand. We are fun to work with and all help each other; it’s a close supportive team.
This position would suit someone who is a versatile self-starter, looking to gain experience in a small, yet internationally focused organisation. Training will be available alongside the opportunity to learn directly from the experienced and dynamic Technical Team.
You will work directly in our VP of Technology’s team to support and continue the development of our databases. This will require an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Microsoft SQL Server databases, as well as excellent communication skills and person to person interaction. Training and assistance will be available per requirement. Although starting in a more junior position, this role can expand to allow the successful candidate to expand into other areas to help support both personal and professional development.
- Ability to work with SQL, covering stored procedures, functions, views, tables, indexes etc., preferably using Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio
- Ability to quality check own and others work, identifying issues and applying performance enhancements as needed
- Ability to use SQL and other methods for effective issue triage and resolution
- Awareness of database Change Management and Control via GitHub or another tool
- Ability to effectively log/track work completed, writing up solutions for common tasks/issue resolutions
- Ability to provide Remote support for on premise and cloud hosted systems
- A high standard of written and verbal communication
- An excellent telephone manner with good personal skills
- Able to prioritise workloads and deal with changing priorities
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” approach
- Ability to effectively copy/migrate data between two databases using appropriate logic to match data to correct columns, including documenting the mapping between systems
- Ability to effectively load data into a SQL database from other sources, such as Excel, without data loss or alteration
- Experience working in a dynamic IT team
- An interest in web interface design and product usability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and SaaS model
- Ability to coherently discuss and resolve complex issues using all available technology and support
- Background knowledge of IT projects and processes
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of the LegalRM Product suite under direction of the VP of Technology and following the product roadmaps
- Support existing clients in their day today usage of our new and legacy products through assigned support tickets
- Support new client implementations through completing assigned tasks and reporting progress
- Help produce collateral technical content where required
- Awareness of and ability to act on requirements
- A task orientated person with a desire to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Positive attitude, showing initiative, drive, enthusiasm and passion for pushing the business forward
- Undertake technical and software support duties not covered above
- Further duties and responsibilities depending on the candidate
If you feel this versatile role in a flexible organisation would suit you, please get in touch.