Salary/Rate: £24-26K/annum – full time (or pro rata thereof)
Employment Type: Full time Monday-Friday (with flexible options)
Location: Bromley South, Kent (remote applicants will be considered)
This young dynamic software development and consultancy organisation based in Bromley, South East London, has a 15+ year stable, profitable background and is expanding again. Some of the largest law firms around the world are our clients, and more are knocking at our door because of a completely new range of software applications in our suite. We need to increase our presence in the professional services sector, whilst also looking to expand into other related industry sectors. Therefore, we need a keen employee to help focus our development efforts to match our clients needs.
This person will need to be outgoing, confident with strong networking skills and very well organised. You must have a “can-do” positive approach. An excellent command of English; strong communication and interpersonal skills, with pleasant telephone manner, are all essential for this role.
The industry is staffed by clever people and it’s a dynamic, competitive environment. You must deliver on your promises to help our small young team to cope with new business and client demand. We are fun to work with and all help each other; it’s a close supportive team.
This position would suit someone who is a versatile self-starter, looking to gain experience in a small, yet internationally focused organisation. Training will be available alongside the opportunity to learn directly from the experienced and dynamic Technical Team.
You will work directly in our VP of Technology’s team to help resolve our clients software support queries and issues. This could be either in person or via remote support tools. This will require a beginner to intermediate knowledge of C# based web applications and SQL databases, as well as excellent communication skills and person to person interaction. Training and assistance will be available per requirement. Although starting in a more junior position, this role can expand to allow the successful candidate to expand into other areas to help support both personal and professional development.
- Ability to work with SQL, mainly to help Investigations and issue triage, preferably using Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Management studio
- Ability to quality check own and others work, identifying issues and applying performance enhancements as needed
- Awareness of database Change Management and Control via GitHub or another tool
- Ability to effectively log/track work completed, writing up solutions for common tasks/issue resolutions
- Ability to provide Remote support for on premise and cloud hosted systems
- A high standard of written and verbal communication
- An excellent telephone manner with good personal skills
- Able to prioritise workloads and deal with changing priorities
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” approach
- Experience working in a dynamic IT team
- An interest in web interface design and product usability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and SaaS model
- Ability to coherently discuss and resolve complex issues using all available technology and support
- Background knowledge of IT projects and processes
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Logging, responding to and managing client support calls and tickets in a timely manner
- Triage and diagnosis of in software issues
- Planning for and raising awareness of scheduled maintenance
- Communication of unexpected outages to impacted clients
- Liaison with external providers and third parties to LegalRM
- Identification and analysis of patterns in support calls and requests
- Highlighting of common concerns and issues to management
- Action tasks relating to new client implementations when requested and reporting progress
- Highlighting where we continue to service legacy systems for our clients and detailing potential upgrade paths
- Undertake technical and software support duties not covered above
- Further duties and responsibilities depending on the candidate
Regardless of your focus, if you feel this versatile role in a flexible organisation would suit you, please get in touch.